15 Minutes. Every Child. Every Parent. Every Day.
Imagine the future if every child were read aloud to for 15 minutes every single day. Partnership for Children of the Foothills wants to partner with you and Read Aloud. We are participating in the Read Aloud 15 Minutes national campaign because we believe in the importance and power of early literacy efforts.
Why? Research demonstrates that by age three, a gap is showing up in early brain development between children whose parents read and speak to them and those who do not, because it isn’t just baby’s body that is growing during these early days —the baby’s brain is developing even more rapidly!
Did You Know?
Parents are a child’s first and most important teacher. Begin your child’s journey of learning today. Give your baby the best start by reading aloud every day, for at least 15 MINUTES, right from birth.
- Reading aloud is the single most important thing a parent or caregiver can do to help a child prepare for reading and learning.
- Nationally, 37% of children arrive in kindergarten without the skills necessary to begin their learning journey.
- If a child is not reading at grade level by the end of the first grade, then there is an 88% probability the child will not be reading at grade level by the end of the fourth grade.
- Even in higher-income households, nearly 40% of families do not read aloud every day.
- More than half the children in this country – 13 million children – will not hear a bedtime story tonight.
Pledge to help us improve the literacy of every child in our area, starting with yours! Complete the form to sign up for our monthly newsletter and start getting FREE resources and gifts just for committing to read to your child.